Kareena tried every outfit

>> Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kareena

The Brief

The process started last year in May when Sajid Nadiadwala called me to style for Kareena Kapoor’s look in Kambakht Ishq. I was told that the look of the movie is set in Los Angeles and would be shot all over Hollywood in locations like the Kodak theatre and Rodeo drive, so her look had to be extremely international.

In the movie, Kareena is a supermodel, specifically a leg model, who is also completing her apprenticeship in surgery. Keeping these instructions in mind, I gave them a presentation and they were completely bowled over by my concept.

Shopping in Milan

Soon, I was sent to the capital of fashion - Milan - to shop for Kareena’s wardrobe. As the release for the movie was slated for summer 2009, I had to create a mood board and colour palette last year considering trend forecasts for this year.

During those 10 days in Milan, I visited ateliers, studios, flea markets and carefully handpicked rare pieces for styling Kareena Kapoor. The look is so international that it’s India’s answer to Sarah Jessica Parker’s style in Sex and the city.

Dressing up Kareena Kapoor

When I came back and showed the collection to Kareena, she fell in love with it. She is an absolute professional and tried each and every outfit. Let me tell you, there are some forty different pairs of shoes in the movie!

As for other accessories, there are bags, bangles and bracelets, but no earrings or necklaces. I had carefully picked up bangles and bracelets with interesting rhinestone work and colourful acrylics.

She has the most phenomenal attitude, grace and poise and that means half the battle won for any stylist.

Kareena

Drooling over dresses

Dresses comprise almost 95% of Kareena’s wardrobe in Kambakht Ishq. The fabrics used are chiffons and georgettes and the silhouettes are fitted, baby doll as well as balloon dresses.

I have used the concept of colour blocking. You’ll see a fitted navy blue dress worn with canary yellow shoes or a white outfit worn with green stilettos. Colour blocking basically means mismatching colours to create a different look.

Mismatch is definitely the new cool! There is a lot of focus on stilettos and oversized bags as well as clutches.

Future projects

Kareena and I have a great rapport. I am also styling her look in Qurbaan produced by Karan Johar.

I would love to design for the sequel of Sex and the city and Mira Nair’s movies.

Advertisement

Related Posts



0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP